In this series of the board policy manual, the board shall define the role and the employment of school district administrators. Policies relating to leaves and benefits for the administration are included in the certified personnel section of Series 400, “Personnel.”
School district administrators have been given a great opportunity and a great responsibility to manage the school district, to provide the educational leadership, and to implement the educational philosophy of the school district. They are responsible for the day-to-day operations of the school district. In carrying out these operations, the administration is guided by the board policies, the law, the needs of the students, and the wishes of the people in the school district community.
It shall be the responsibility of the administration to
- Create and maintain an environment conducive to learning and personal growth and development;
- Design, develop, and implement effective educational programs and ancillary programs (fine arts, sports, etc.);
- Implement and enforce the policies of the board;
- Oversee school district personnel;
- Monitor educational issues confronting the school district;
- Inform the board about school district operations.
While the board holds the superintendent ultimately responsible for these duties, the principals are more directly responsible for educational results and for the administration of the school facilities and for the employees.
The board and the administration shall work together to share information and decisions under the management team concept.
Approved 12/20/90 Reviewed 11/17/2014 Revised 11/17/2014